Scala Software Engineer / Developer (Akka / Cats)
This role provides the opportunity to work on the following tech-stack: Scala, Akka-actors, Akka-HTTP, and Cats. Projects also involve low-latency programming and distributed systems.
You will be working on a system that processes hundreds of thousands of requests each minute and working with real-time applications. You would be joining the backend team and working on building a platform for mobile developers. The company allows developers to work with a lot of autonomy and manage the full life cycle of the development process.
This company is leading the mobile gaming industry. They already boost one-billion users monthly and their platform reaches almost 500,000 gaming devices around the world. They pride themselves on engaging audiences to the full potential, by allowing them to earn money from their platform and connecting with like-minded individuals globally.
What they offer:
- Working on Scala, Akka & FP
- Stock options
- Be involved within the Scala community by attending conferences
- Flexible vacation
- Catered lunches and stocked kitchen
- Competitive 401k
- Attractive compensation
- Experienced Scala Developer (or similar JVM language)
- Interested in Functional Programming
- Enjoy writing high quality and clean code
- Remain updated with new technologies and interested in continued development
- Open to mentoring and guiding more junior developers
- Experience with NoSQL, AWS or other cloud technologies
- MS or BS in Computer Science