|Job title||Scala Software engineer|
|Contact name:||Daniel Lawson|
|Published:||September 3, 2021 2:24|
Scala Software Engineer EU based/Remote
£50,000 - £90,000 Copenhagen/Product Engineering
Our Client is looking for a passionate Scala Engineer to join their growing team, working towards building a ultra-modern SaaS product and platform in a crucial shift towards customer engagement and friendships.
Interested? Read more about what you’ll be doing as their new Backend Engineer…
- Using state-of-the-art Scala backend to modernise the cloud-based customer experience and engagement platform
- You will work with a team of highly skilled and likeminded individuals all working towards bringing effectiveness and efficiency to the technology
- Have a strong influence on the product throughout all its stages of application by giving your feedback and advice
- You will be writing code that handles customer interaction on all devices which in turn will assist in our agents response to the customer, allowing them to gain context and collect data from third party integrations
- You will be working with a cutting edge tech stack. We have designed a micro/right-sized service architecture, orchestrated by Kubernetes on AWS. Services communicate via Finagle Thrift and SQS. The heavy-lifting is performed by Scala services, using Akka, Finagle/Thrift, Redis, DynamoDB and Postgres.
- You will be a part of a highly collaborative and agile team that values open-source and functional programming, and are very open to new technologies and improved ways of building our platform.
Overall, your work will ensure global brands are able to carry out great customer service to millions of valued customers everyday.
- looking for an inquisitive problem solver. A person who isn’t afraid to try new things and find new outcomes. Along with being open minded to another’s idea and having the confidence to voice your ideas and opinions.
- A supportive nature that actively encourages yourself and the team, striving to always try and do better and boosting team morale.
- Commercial experience using Scala or Java and are fluent in designing backend features and services
- Make-your-mark attitude being able to contribute to a positive and productive working environment
- Ideally you would be based in Copenhagen but will allow the right candidate to work remotely in the UK/EU, (relocation support is provided)
The qualifications and person specification act as a loose guide to what our client is looking for and would still love to hear from you – if you can demonstrate core skills to them, they will be happy to consider your options.
They pride themselves on the culture they are continuously building and are happy to consider all candidates regardless of nationality, race, religion, physical ability etc they are truly inclusive.
- Competitive salary + generous pension plan
- Life and health insurance
- Flexible working
- Career development
- Company incentives
These are just a few of what you will receive, apply now to really reap the benefits!