|Job title||Scala Software Engineer|
|Contact name:||Olivia Smith|
|Published:||September 1, 2021 3:04|
I have teamed with a client who are looking to expand their Engineering team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the future of customer service by developing a SaaS product and customer friendship platform. With offices in four locations and over 100 employees, this company is not stagnant. You'll be working among a highly competent team that enjoy exchanging ideas, learning new skills, and implementing new technology. This presents the exciting opportunity to utilise your professional skills and expertise in a vibrant and encouraging workplace. Not only this, but you also have the opportunity to work fully remote in Europe or relocate to Copenhagen!
A typical day may include:
- You'll be developing and building out a contemporary, cloud-based customer experience platform using Scala, with other languages also available.
- You'll be developing code to manage customer interactions across several platforms, such as phone, email, chat, and messaging.
- With the whole Engineering team, you'll be participating to technical and architectural discussions.
- You'll have a direct impact on the product by providing ongoing input on the design, process, and testing.
- You'll be working with cutting-edge technology. Our client has created a micro/right-sized service architecture on AWS, which is orchestrated by Kubernetes. Finagle Thrift and SQS are used to communicate between services. Scala services use Akka, Finagle/Thrift, Redis, DynamoDB, and Postgres to do the heavy work.
What they are looking for:
- You are an inquisitive person who enjoys experimenting with new ideas and solving difficulties. When it comes to other people's views, you are open-minded and an excellent listener, and you confidently express your own.
- You've worked with Java or Scala professionally before and you're comfortable creating and deploying backend services and functionalities.
- Teamwork is second nature to you; you are easy to work with and respect the opinions of others.
- You're ambitious and want to make an impact in your workplace.
Benefits to you:
- Fully remote working in Europe OR the opportunity to relocate to Copenhagen
- Competitive salary
- Excellent pension plan, including health and life insurance
- Flexible working
- Ongoing support and development
If you believe you have the skills and experience that our client is searching for, then please respond with an updated CV, your availability, and your salary expectations and I will get in contact right away!