|Job title||Scala/Clojure Developer – Scala – Akka – Play! – Cats – Shapeless – ScalaZ|
|Salary:||Up to €70,000 (depending on experience)|
|Contact name:||Carl Baird|
|Published:||December 18, 2019 11:12|
Scala/Clojure Developer – Scala – Akka – Play! – Cats – Shapeless – ScalaZ
This role will give you the opportunity to work with: Scala/Clojure – Akka – Play! – Cats – Shapeless – ScalaZ – Kafka – Spark – Hadoop.
As market leaders in the online travel industry, the companies aim is to revolutionise the way we plan and book our holidays. Using modern technologies they have built a reliable and efficient platform, that allows customers to find extensive offer packages including, flights and additional services like accommodation, car rental and insurance all in the same place. Reducing the inconvenience of organising a holiday whilst saving money.
You will be joining an extremely talented Agile team of developers who share a passion for functional programming and the principles surrounding it. They build all their backend systems in house with their own integrated development teams using Agile methods and paired programming. Collaboration is a huge part of their working environment and is a main contributing factor to their success.
- Competitive levels of compensation
- Opportunity to spend 10% of the time on private projects trying to discover the next big thing
- 30 paid days of holiday
- Opportunities to attend conferences, training sessions & workshops
- Discount on holiday packages
- Vibrant & Diverse company culture
- 30% tax ruling for candidates outside of the Netherlands
- Solid experience with one of the technologies they’re using.
- Functional programming experience with any of the following languages (java, Scala or Clojure)
- Collaborative team player who has experience with paired programming
- Passionate about learning and sharing knowledge between colleagues
Nice to haves:
- Data technologies – Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, ElasticSearch
- Typelevel stack – Cats, ScalaZ, Shapeless
- Kubernetes, Docker, container-based deployments
- Open-source advocate; because they contribute back to the ecosystem