|Job title||Scala Engineer|
|Location||United States of America|
|Contact name:||Ian Kanewski|
|Published:||October 6, 2021 9:09|
Are you interested in working with an organization that is tech-forward from the top of the leadership team down? Somewhere where your design ideas can not only be voiced, but your input will be sought after and appreciated?
This is an opportunity to join a tech-forward team that is developing applications and solutions for a global FinTech organization. Technical decisions take priority and collaboration is paramount here.
We're looking for full time (or contract) Scala Engineers to join a diverse team focused on bringing products across the finish line. You’ll work across the tech stack, tackle new skills, and show up ready for anything. Your role will be challenging, fun, and always interesting.
What you will do:
- Partner with product managers and designers to complete product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution
- Work on immutable, distributed systems, data streaming, and backend Scala based systems using functional programming
- Work within and across Agile teams using a full-stack of development tools and technologies including Scala, Kafka, Cassandra and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure
- Provide technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application
- 4+ years of professional development experience.
- Minimum 1 year using Scala with Typelevel Stack (Cats, Cats-effect, Shapeless, Doobie, ZIO, Monix, ScalaZ, Http4s)
- Continued interest in functional programming
- Experience working with Microservices Architecture
- Fluent in English
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Kafka and event-based systems
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Data engineering experience is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in at least one Cloud technology (AWS or Azure or OpenStack)
- 1+ years of experience in performance and optimization of scaled server systems
- 1+ years of Agile experience
- Certified AWS Developer or Architect
This role is fully remote and is open to qualified candidates across the globe.