|Job title||Scala Engineer|
|Contact name:||Joel Walsh|
|Published:||September 1, 2021 9:20|
Associate Software Engineer
Remote (2 days per month in London)
A leading UK retailor are looking for an innovative Engineer with the tools to play a big part in their engineering team. Your contribution will play a part in the global supply chain working in the background to keep everything running smoothly.
You will be working with state-of-the-art technology, in a cross functional team and you will have ownership of the full process from inception to production. This company wants fresh ideas to create the most efficient software, along the way you will pick up new tools and techniques that will really boost your skillset.
You will play a crucial part in the smooth running of the company making sure the warehouses and stores are operating effectively to ensure each customer has a pleasant experience shopping with the company. We want you to be yourself while working with us – analytical, creative and unafraid to face and deal with a problem.
About the role
- You will produce clean, well-documented and easy to maintain codes by creating services, libraries, and tools, we are always open to new ideas
- Responsible for ensuring the services we build meet the needs and standards of our company- you will work closely with technical and non-technical teams to achieve this
- Able to find the best solution when faced with a problem with the tools and technologies you are provided with and able to solve these problems with relevant solutions.
- Keep up to date with the everchanging industry changes, always curious to discover new methods of development
- Work with technical and non-technical members of the team, owning the application lifecycle from interception to production and supporting business critical applications and services
- Regularly catch up with the team to share knowledge with them
- Previous commercial experience specifically with Scala and functional programming
- Correct mindset to effectively mentor and support a team to deliver the best software possible
- Effective communication and listening, as well as being able to work as part of a team
- Equivalent experience in a similar role or a bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering
- Familiar with asynchronous and synchronous integration patterns
- The ability to implement information into databases
- Fluent in common libraries that include AKKA, Cats, Cats Effect, FS2, HTTP4s, Shapeless, Slick and Doobie
As well as lots of on-the-job development and training, this role also comes with plenty of other benefits for yourself which include;
- Generous holiday allowance
- Colleague discount on company product and services
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
As a company, they understand the importance of work-life balance which is why they offer flexibility to staff depending on the needs of their role. They pride themselves on this, making sure our staff are happy at work is our priority. They trust you to decide how, where and when you work if you are achieving the business goals. They are aiming to combine remote and collaborative roles to give you more space and time in your life outside of work.
For more info, please reach out to Joel Walsh @ Signify Technology