|Job title||Scala Engineer|
|Location||Remote, United States|
|Contact name:||Nicole Tinglof|
|Published:||April 7, 2021 10:05|
Our client, a functional programming and data engineering consultancy, is seeking talented Scala Engineers to join their team to work on diverse projects with some of the top tech clients using FP (Google, HP, Disney).
This is an opportunity to stay atop of technology and build distributed, reactive, and scalable software using Scala, Akka, Play, Kafka, Dymano, Spark, Flink, Kinesis, Rust, and Java.
OPEN TO ENGINEERS AUTHORIZED WORK IN USA AND CANADA.
- Be a team player in a challenging environment and work on varied domains
- Use polyglot architecture to solve complex problems
- Continually develop technical knowledge
- Utilize the latest tech and tools at scale for modern hardware
- Extensive experience with Scala
- Experience with Lightbend Reactive Platform (Scala, Akka, and Play)
- Proven history of creating scalable and reactive web apps with modern frameworks
- Working knowledge of applying OOP and FP styles to solve real-world problems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
This opportunity provides:
- Fully remote position
- Competitive base salary ($160-200K USD) w/ bonus potential
- Healthcare, 401K, Flex PTO
- Global event attendance
- Highly-skilled large FP team
- Involvement in community content output, meet-ups, conferences, etc