|Job title||Scala Engineer|
|Contact name:||Harvey Cheadle|
|Published:||March 1, 2023 9:57|
Job DescriptionRole: Scala Engineer
Location: Berlin, Germany (hybrid)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: €55,000 - €70,000
Signify Technology has partnered with an exciting environmental driven company who is spear heading the mission for a more sustainable and greener planet. Their goal is to protect the planets most important resource – Trees! They are looking to upscale their environmental IoT network which supports public and private forest owners to monitor, examine and protect the world’s largest trees and forests, even in the most remote of settings.
To accomplish this mission they are looking for a Scala Engineer who shares this same passion to join the team in Berlin. You would be responsible for all backend services which you would play a critical part in the full development lifecycle from building new features to monitoring and maintaining performance levels. The team loves innovation – if you notice any arising technologies or techniques that can help take the performance to the next level, they will encourage you to apply them into operations and activities.
The tech stack currently used is Scala, Play Framework and cloud technology – AWS.
- Experience working with Scala, Play Framework and AWS
- Knowledge of Java, Python and Go is a plus
- Hands on experience with Data pipelines (ETL) and analytics
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Take ownership of the Backend services by maintaining and driving new ideas and features
- Ability to communicate and take on technical ideas and requirements
- Able to live and work without the requirement for visa/sponsorship support