|Job title||Scala Engineer|
|Contact name:||Jacob Evident|
|Published:||January 4, 2022 5:50|
Job DescriptionFunctional Scala Engineer
We are looking for a Scala Developer that supports the Risk Assessment team in which we maintain a connection graph of transactions and extract information needed for the risk assessment of a transaction. Help us to build the business logic that determines detailed assessments based on transaction data and graph statistics and to implement this into our software! In Risk Assessment, we currently use Scala, Cats, Cats Effect and ZIO, MongoDB and gRPC, and adhere to the functional programming paradigm. We optimize our product for performance and scalability.
The team follows agile methods and collaborates on eye-level, e.g. in pair programming sessions and code reviews. That is why we are looking for someone who wants to become an active, communicative, and fun team member of Risk Assessment. Someone who wants to get involved in actively shaping the future development of the product. The team works independently and owns their component. That means being responsible for the whole software lifecycle and deciding on your own how to implement requirements.
• Experience in Scala (Functional Programming skills and knowledge of related libraries, e.g Cats)
• You are a team player and communicate in an open, constructive, and friendly manner, ready to discuss your ideas with your team colleagues at any time
• You care about quality and testing, considering simplicity of your solutions
• You have hands-on experience with operational environments, or desire to learn how your software runs and what it takes to operate it
• Good English language skills
• Knowledge in graph databases is be a plus