|Job title||Scala Engineer|
|Location||United States of America|
|Contact name:||Ian Kanewski|
|Published:||January 3, 2022 10:15|
Are you a Scala developer that wants to learn or up-skill Functional Programming while being paid?
Signify Technology has partnered with a FinTech company that is rapidly building their team of Scala Developers. This is a full-time permanent hands-on development role with a company that is building out platforms for some of the biggest names in banking and capital markets.
As a Scala Developer on this team, you will be given the tools and resources to improve your Scala and Functional Programming skills. Tech stack you will learn includes Scala, Play and Akka frameworks, and Typelevel libraries such as Zio.
This is NOT an entry level role, rather we are looking for developers with several years of professional (non-internship) development experience and a demonstrated drive to continue learning.
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Minimum 1 year writing code in Scala for production
- Experience building REST API services
- Strong database experience, preferably with PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, or DB2
Stand out with:
- Familiarity with Kafka or other streaming/messaging tools
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with containerization tools such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with tools and frameworks in the Scala and Java ecosystems (Akka, Zio, Play, Spring Boot, etc.)
- Capital markets or FinTech experience
As we are looking for a range of experience levels, compensation will be dependent on prior experience and knowledge.