Scala Developer/Engineer (Scala, AWS, S3, EC2, RDS)
The tech stack includes - Scala, AWS, S3, EC2, RDS. You will be using these technologies on a large scale global project. This project will run up until the end of the year with a very high possibility of extension, paying up to £575 per day.
In this role, you will be building a highly scalable solution that will enable journalists to showcase their work. You will see over 3 million page visits per day which then results in over 1 billion page visits per month. The project is always evolving and changing to keep up with the needs of every unique visitor to ensure the best possible experience.
You will be working in a very relaxed environment where you will be pair programming with other developers or working closely alongside your other colleagues. You will also be working in a cross-functional team so you will not be coding in isolation, you are encouraged to collaborate and share ideas with your peers.
- Strong experience using Scala
- Expert knowledge running in AWS - S3, EC2, and RDS
- Previous experience with another JVM language is a bonus
- Experienced working within an Agile environment
- Bachelors degree in computer science or another equivalent field