Functional Scala Developer – Scala, Akka, ZIO, Cats, ScalaZ, Monix
My client is looking for Functional Scala Developers to join their highly talented team in Munich. This opportunity will give you the opportunity to work with: Scala, Akka, ZIO, Cats, ScalaZ, Monix, Kafka & AWS.
Their backend system represents a microservice architecture with strict domain boundaries between services. They use REST API for external and direct internal communications. They are also using messaging to pass events between services and all services are deployed on Docker. You will be building brand new features and become the owner of a set of microservices and be responsible for a given business and technical domain.
Operating within the social networking domain they have created a modern platform for creative minds with multiple passions. Their mission is to inspire creativity and help content creators collaborate and connect from around the world, and they are expanding rapidly during this pivotal time.
- Professional experience within the JVM using Scala
- 2+ years of commercial experience using Scala
- Experience with Akka and Play Framework
- Experience with PostgreSQL & NoSQL Databases
- Previous experience building distributed and resilient microservices using modern technologies
- Proficient with Functional Programming principles or an interest in working in a functional environment
Nice to have:
- Commercial experience with Kafka
- Knowledge of Scala FP libraries like ScalaZ, Cats, Monix, ZIO
- You like learning new technologies and trends
- Competitive compensation packages
- Modern open-plan office in the heart of Munich
- Small, well-structured and international teams
- Non-hierarchical structure and fast decision-making process
- Barbeque partied on their rooftop terrace
- A chill zone with PlayStation, books and free drinks