Scala Developer - real-time & large-scale distrusted systems
The tech-stack within this role includes; Scala, AWS, Microservices, Flume, and Linux. The project involves real-time and large-scale distributed systems.
You will become a significant member within the backend team, working on a system that makes tens-of-thousands decisions every single second. Your responsibility will be to write clean and easy code within their Scala infrastructure, as well as take part in creating the architecture. You will have the pleasure to work with a lot of autonomy to experiment, resulting in the best and cleanest code possible.
This company prides itself on collaboration. Whilst they have a global presence, their main tech hub is based in San Francisco. Their mission is to evolve the way we interact with each other through the internet. Along with being heavily funded, they have already built a strong reputation within the tech community. Some of the companies they have partnered with include Airbnb, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Disney, Nike, Warner Bros and many more. As a mid-size company, this could offer you the perfect platform and environment if you are currently working in a start-up and want to join a larger company but still maintain the start-up vibe. Or alternatively, if you are working for a large brand now but don't feel like you get enough of a voice and want to join a company where you can become a key contributor.
What is in it for you:
- Working in a pure Scala environment
- Flexible remote days
- Growth potential within the organization to become a lead engineer
- Get experience working on a real-time and large-scale project
- Competitive compensation and perks
- Commercial experience with Scala
- Or strong experience with similar JVM language
- Enjoy writing clean code
- Passionate about continued growth and learning opportunities
- Experience with AWS and Microservices is a bonus
- Master or Bachelors in Computer Science