Are you a social media fanatic? This is the job for you, our client is transforming social media and has created an amazing platform for modern and creative minds!
They have a functional environment and you will be working heavily with Scala, Cats, Scalaz, ZIO, Akka etc. They use REST APIs for external and direct internal communications and their services are all deployed as Docker containers.
Some of their tech stack includes:
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Messaging and Stream Processing: Apache Kafka
- Delivery and Orchestration: Docker, Nomad, Consul
- Search: ElasticSearch
What will I be doing?
- Design, build and create new features
- Share and implement your ideas to improve the quality of their services
- Become an owner of a set of microservices
- implement new technologies to maximize quality and efficiency.
- Commercial Scala experience (Ideally 2 – 3 years of Scala knowledge)
- Ability to use the right tools for the job. Switching between different technologies and learning quickly
- Knowledge of functional libraries such as Scalaz, Cats, Fs2 or Monix (Or a keen interest)
Nice to have?
- Distributed systems
- Microservice architecture
- Knowledge of either Akka, Play or Kafka