|Job title||Scala Developer|
|Contact name:||Euan Roche|
|Published:||October 19, 2023 3:55|
Job DescriptionRole: Scala Engineer
Location: London (Hybrid 1-2 days)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £85,000 + 10% bonus
Signify Technology is working with a fraud prevention company whose products process high volumes of data with the aim of detecting and preventing fraud and other financial crime. To achieve this they have developed a state of the art platform which detects anomalous and suspicious activity.
As a Scala Engineer, you will be part of the R&D team working on the client’s platform helping to build and shape the next generation of products that transform how organisations around the world use data, and there is a vast amount of data. The team adopt a very functional approach with the backend services written in Scala and Functional Programming.
Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Working directly on the client’s platform to solve problems such as fraud, financial crime, data management and much more
- Responsible for deploying microservices written in Scala
- Build scalable, high performance distributed systems
- Ensuring all datastores are scalable and flexible
- Commercial experience with Scala and Functional Programming
- Experience working on the full engineering life cycle, from design and implementation through to testing and deployment.
- Experienced using DevOps tooling and approaches
- Experience working with any of the following technologies or libraries: Cats, Shapeless, Akka, Apache Spark, Kubernetes
- Passion and the drive to help grow one of the UK’s fastest growing companies
- Candidates must be able to work in United Kingdom without sponsorship required
- Experience with cloud technologies (GCP is a big plus)
- Experience mentoring junior engineers