|Job title||Scala Developer|
|Contact name:||Harvey Cheadle|
|Published:||May 5, 2023 1:35|
Job DescriptionRole: Scala Developer
Location: Germany (fully remote – Germain residential address required)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: €65,000 – €75,000
Signify Technology is working with one of the market leaders tackling online fraud, which is on the rise more than ever with the client currently processing over 10 million online transactions. They do this by building state of the art fraud prevention software that solves real fraud cases in real time, but they continually need to evolve to deter the criminals’ efforts.
You will be joining the Integration Team where you will develop and maintain services of the client’s fraud prevention software. The software is able to define the overall workflow and integrate various services owned by other teams. The Integration team plays a central part for driving new ideas regarding the underlying software architecture.
The client is looking for mid and senior software engineers who are eager to learn and enjoys working on the entire lifecycle of development from implementation to running and monitoring the software.
Key responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Designing, implementing, testing and operating services in Scala
- Maintaining successful operation through topics like continuous integration, metrics and logging
- Dealing with challenges in a distributed environment such as eventual consistency and resiliency.
- Play an active part in shaping the processes and contributing to the technical direction of the team
- Experience with Scala or at least one JVM based language
- Good knowledge of Functional Programming (Typelevel stack and Zio (big plus))
- Familiarity with Docker and related technologies (Kubernetes is plus)
- Proven experience working on distributed systems and software architecture design (Experience with messaging such as Kafka is a plus)
- Eager to constantly learn/upskill by actively participating in code reviews, pair programming and feedback sessions
- Good English language skills (German is not required but a plus)
- Candidates must hold a degree in Engineering/IT related