|Job title||Scala Developer|
|Visa requirement:||Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location|
|Contact name:||Daniel Lawson|
|Published:||June 28, 2020 1:22|
Signify Technolgy is working closely with a Startup company that enables Frontline workers to be connected, productive and engaged while on the move. This London based company has spent the past 2 years building a fresh approach to an old problem as a result of the progress made they have recently been backed by one of the world’s largest venture capital funds and have raised over $6m in funding. This company has built an employee ‘super-app’ that brings frontline workers into the fold with the tools, information, and connections that make a difference. One app on their personal phones for communication, for e-payslips, for accident reporting; for everything they remove noticeboards, paper-based forms and transform the frontline into a digitally enabled superpower.
Your responsibilities in this role will be to design & implement the future of our secure core messaging platform. You will also need to debug and bug fixing and improving application performance. You will do this by writing a clean, self-documented, tested, maintainable code that is easy to read and modify while rapidly iterating and shipping.
You will need the following skills and requirements for this role:
- Experience working with globally distributed, scalable systems
- Extensive knowledge of Scala (2 or more years) and awareness of other programming languages/technologies preferred
- Experience working with Akka, Kafka, ElasticSearch, AWS, Docker,
- Led technical design for large features and new systems
- Understanding of SQL based databases, complex queries, and optimizations