A travel organisation with a global reach are seeking talented Scala Engineers to join their growing team. Operating in 10’s of thousands of global locations this organisation is truly allowing their customers to travel at ease where ever they are. A proud multi-cultural office environment with who all work with enthusiasm and passion about travelling adventures. A relocation package is on offer for candidates outside of the UK so this is an excellent opportunity if you're looking for a career change and new city experience.
You’ll be joining an established and talented Scala Engineering team focusing on greenfield projects that are driving the business to their next chapter. Passion and expertise developing with Scala will be key as you will have exposure to the full development life-cycle of these projects. You must have an excellent understanding of the best development practises and principles. The opportunity to continue developing and growing your skills within Scala will be a key focus in this role and give you the chance to design develop and release a variety of products with a personal touch.
What They Expect
- Excellent understanding and use of Scala within a commercial environment
- You actively test your code and have been in a TDD environment
- Experience working with Akka and a good understanding of distributed systems
- You’ve worked with Big Data tools such as Spark within the Hadoop ecosystem
- Preferably you’ve got hands on experience using Kafka or other real time messaging services
- Bonus & Pension
- Relocation Package
- Flexible working hours and partial remote working
- 25 days holiday as standard
- Great company discounts
- An exciting and excellent working environment
- Free breakfast, snacks and coffee as well as an onsite staff canteen
- Life insurance
- Training budget for all
Ideally you’re already based in London or close by in Europe. The team are happy to speak with the right Engineers who are looking to relocate to London for this role although sponsorship is not an option for this position so EU citizenship is required.
If the above is of interest to you or you’d like to find out more then please feel free to either apply to the role or get in touch with me on +44 (0) 203 865 0621 / firstname.lastname@example.org