Functional Scala Developers required to join multiple projects using Scala, Cats, doobie, http4s, Scalaz, Akka and Kafka within an Agile environment.
- Scala experience is a must even if it’s only for a year
- If you have limited Scala experience then experience within another language will be required such as Golang, Java or Python
- You will have been exposed to an Agile working environment where opinions from others are taken seriously
- Functional Scala libraries knowledge that could include either Cats, Scalaz doobie or http4s
- Cloud experience using AWS, CloudFormation and Terraform
- Hands on knowledge of Kafka, Scalatest, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Communication is key so you must have great verbal and written comms
- Nice to have – Deployment Automation, container management with Kubernetes
- A BSc or higher within Software Engineering, Computer Science or another related field who be beneficial
This an opportunity to join an award winning Tech Product company who are working on a number greenfield projects to evolve the way we tackle current global climate problems. With multiple offices this position will be based in the central London Engineering HQ. There are a variety of projects being completed within a variety of close teams that collaborate frequently all of which are using modern slick tech stacks. Exciting challenges will part of your typical working day within an open agile working environment.
If you’re looking to continue developing your Scala abilities as well as gain new Functional Programming experience with modern tools, libraries and technologies then this is the position for you. You’ll be joining teams of talented Engineers with a primary focus on developing with Scala. As this is a product company you will have access to working directly on multiple products and projects that will allow you to develop not just technically but also professionally. You’ll be given the autonomy from day 1 allowing you to pick and choose what you feel are the best tools to solve problems. All Engineers have exposure to the full development life so you won’t just be coding, but planning, testing, designing and releasing…your scalable distributed system sitting on a microservices platform will truly be yours to own!!
- 25 days holiday as well as your Birthday as standard
- Flexi working hours and some remote working
- Bonus up to 20% which is company and personal performance related
- Free Breakfast each day as well as lunches on Fridays
- Flexible benefits including – Healthcare, cycle2work, ISA investments, technology for personal use
- Training budgets for all staff
- Social teams and events
Ideally you’re already based in London or close by in Europe. The team are happy to speak with the right Engineers who are looking to relocate to London for this role although sponsorship is not an option for this position so EU citizenship is required.
If the above is of interest to you or you’d like to find out more then please feel free to either apply to the role or get in touch with me on +44 (0) 203 865 0621 / email@example.com