This is an opportunity to join an internationally recognised, multi-award winning Media organisation located in the heart of London. You’ll be in a vibrant modern working space that allows for an enjoyable and productive days work. With a variety of customer audiences you’ll be sure that each project you’re involved in will be interesting and challenging to keep you on your toes. A truly unique chance for you to join a team of talented Functional Scala Engineers who are also looking to improve not just technically but progress professionally as well.
Right from the start you will be involved in exciting greenfield projects with a technically strong team of Engineers. This is not a Data Engineering role but a chance to obtain experience within a functional Scala development environment. Complete exposure to the full development life cycle will be given to you from the initial design and planning of new features and products through to the development, testing and live role outs. You will have the opportunity to be part of a project and watch it grow with the work of your colleagues and yourself until it’s released live for millions of users to have access to. Autonomy is a big part of the team so you will not be micromanaged, your opinions and previous experiences will be accounted and listen to allowing for a project with personal touches. Scala is the main language used but if you have experience within another functionally typed language then this is also of interest, monads and monad transformers are a frequent part of the role.
What They Expect
- Commercial experience programming with Scala is highly desirable although not essential if you have other FP coding knowledge
- You will have been exposed to an Agile working environment where opinions from others are taken seriously
- You have some experience mentoring more junior levelled engineers and are able to pass on your knowledge
- Functional Scala libraries knowledge that could include either Cats, Scalaz or http4s
- You are well acquainted with Unix command lines
- Communication is key so you must have great verbal and written comms
- Nice to have – Deployment Automation, container management with Kubernetes
- A BSc or higher within Software Engineering, Computer Science or another related field
Ideally you’re already based in London or close by in Europe. The team are happy to speak with the right Engineers who are looking to relocate to London for this role although sponsorship is not an option for this position so EU citizenship is required.
If the above is of interest to you or you’d like to find out more then please feel free to either apply to the role or get in touch with me on +44 (0) 203 865 0621 / firstname.lastname@example.org