Scala Data Engineer/Big Data Engineer (Scala, Kafka, Cassandra)
This role provides you with the opportunity to work with Scala, Kafka, Kafka Streams, Cassandra and other Big Data tools as a Senior Data Engineer for a Blockchain start up based in London.
This small and close team are well funded and rapidly expanding. Working in the Blockchain space, you will be working with insights and crypto assets, from millions of different data points. As s Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building much of the core platform and take charge of the infrastructure, making technical decisions that will directly impact the structure of the business. They are looking for somebody who can hit the ground running, who has worked with Data Streaming and ETL pipelines as this will be a huge chunk of the workload, as well as having worked with Distributed Systems and real-time data.
What’s on offer?
- Opportunity to work in a very well-funded, expanding start-up
- Flexible working environment
- Work in a small team and help the business to grow
- % of equity on top of your annual salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Autonomy to come up with and try new ideas
· 2-3 years working with Scala in a Big Data role
· Experience with Kafka Streams or equivalent data streaming tools
· Experience building ETL pipelines, working with real-time data
· Previous experience in a start-up environment is desirable
· Cassandra, SQL, Terraform, BigQuery
· Computer Science Degree
This company are growing quickly and can turn the interview process around within 2 stages, over a 1 week period so if this sounds like something you’d like to get on board and you are serious about looking for a new role, then please contact me today for a confidential chat!