I am working with a fantastic company based in London who use data and analytics to help its customers and clients to use energy in a much more efficient way. They have had extremely healthy growth, and this is set to continue for the foreseeable future. With support from private equity firms, they are set for big things and it is the perfect time to join their journey. The team is made up of exceptionally talented engineers, zero egos and huge ideas for the future. Sounds interesting right?
Many of the team are very functional in their approach to Scala, but they are looking for a Big Data expert to teach them a thing or two. As the company grows, they need people from all kinds of backgrounds to really bring their vision to life. You will be responsible for designing and developing different aspects of their platform, contributing technically and directly to their data engineering needs. You will have a mix of responsibilities which will keep you on your toes, from coming up with new idea, designing and implementing these into new and existing products, listening to the clients needs and adapting to their requirements. You will have some complex problems to solve and this will be something you should enjoy doing. Other parts of your role will include architecting and scaling the existing data platform and API focused integration.
You should be
- Passionate about Big Data and enthusiastic about Functional Programming
- Looking for something to challenge you
- Friendly and enthusiastic and be technically diverse
- Driven to work as part of a team and be able to work with autonomy
· Proven experience with Scala and Spark with Data Engineering
· Experience building scalable data platforms and ETL pipelines
· Have worked with high performance, high quality, scalable and complex products
· Knowledge or experience with Python is desirable
· Experience working with large amounts of data, batch and stream processing
· Experience working with Data Science algorithms
· Big Data Spark Jobs
· Must write clean and scalable code
· Experience working with Agile methodologies
· Must speak and write in English
This role comes with a generous bonus and lots of lucrative benefits. Believe me when I say the team really are a bunch of talented individuals that I’m sure you would love to work alongside.
If you think you could have what our client is looking and this role sounds like something you could get passionate about, then please contact me for more details!
** Unfortunately this company is not currently able to offer visa sponsorship, so you must be eligible to live and work in the UK. **