We are excited to be partnered with a truly fantastic Fintech organisation that is globally recognised in their field. Due to their consistent success and with the technology sector constantly evolving, a large investment has been made to expand the Technical R&D arm of the business with Poland being the chosen location. This is a great opportunity to join a growing multinational team working on the latest Big Data and programming technologies.
You will be part of the starting team within Warsaw as the office expands, working alongside other experienced Developers, QA’s, Project Managers and Architects. Initially you will be working on a business critical project involving large volumes of data using tools such as Hadoop, Pig, Spark and Hive so commercial knowledge within this environment is hugely beneficial. Currently the team is transitioning to Scala from Java so this is an excellent opportunity for employees to either gain and obtain hands on Scala programming skills or for the more experienced developers a chance to really expand your knowledge and use of the language. Continued investment means you will be able to have access to working on the latest tools and technologies whilst tackling daily business challenges to keep you on top of your development game!
- Excellent knowledge of Backend development with 3+ years commercial experience using Java/Scala
- Minimum of 2 years programming with Scala is preferred
- Hugely beneficial to have commercial experience with Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive etc
- Hands on Scala programming is attractive as this is the main language
- Commercial experience using JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Git
- Experience working on high volumes of data projects
- Excellent understanding of Agile methodology principles
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to Haves
- Test Automation framework experience
- Python programming knowledge
- Experience with configuration management tools – Puppet, Ansible etc