You will be a Principle Engineer and one of the major contributors to our client's new team. The position sits within a team who are Agile and extremely collaborative and you will be responsible for planning, designing and implementing the platform, giving technical direction to the team and abiding by solid engineering principles.
Our client is the worlds-leading provider of information solutions that progress science and allow technology professionals to learn, challenge science and make better decisions as well as making ground-breaking discoveries which break the boundaries of human progress.
- Contribute to engineering decision making
- Mentor and support junior members of the team
- Coordinate and work closely with development partners (architecture, operations, QE) to implement engineering solutions
- Successfully implement development processes and apply software engineering principles throughout the development lifecycle, while contributing to incremental improvement of the team
- Decide the best path to meet user requirements
Scala experience is desirable but not required.
- Strong Java Knowledge
- Experience in AWS
- Multithreading knowledge
- Experience building APIs and Microservice architecture
- 10% bonus
- Flexible working