Principal Software Engineer - Scala
Signify Technology is currently working with an innovative fin-tech company based in Oakland. This company offers loans for commercial solar development projects and makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation. Their goal is to provide access to clean energy for everyone!
Join the company mission and be a part of their rapid growth plans, they are actively looking for talented experienced engineers who want to contribute to making an impact to the growth of renewable energy through building marketplace and financial services applications. You will develop microservices hosted in AWS and build product features and infrastructure improvements. Daily you will look for ways to improve application performance as well as create robust and highly scalable features on their backend platform services. This role will give you a great opportunity to coach and mentor junior engineers as well as work with product managers and the business to plan and implement the roadmap. To be successful in this role you must be quick learning and have proven development skills, enjoy data and metrics-driven optimizations!
- Experienced in building scalable backends for customer-facing applications.
- Experience with Microservices Architectures, API design, and Cloud platforms
- Experience in functional programming
- Deep programming knowledge in Scala and/or Java
- Expertise in designing and implementing scalable microservices using tools and frameworks such as Kafka, Airflow, MySql, Redshift and Lambdas
- Strong SQL skills and experience in RDBMs
- Experience working in high performing Scrum teams following the Agile process
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Experience with migrating legacy software and taking on greenfield projects
- Compensation - Salaries are competitive and come with the knowledge that you are solving real world problems
- Time off - Generous PTO plans, they encourage employees to lead a balanced life
- Staying Fit - They encourage activeness and offer allowances to stay fit and be the best version of yourself
- Getting to work - You will receive a monthly commuter allowance
- Meals & Snacks - They supply wholesome, organic, and healthy snacks, as well as bringing in food twice a week from great local restaurants
- Health Insurance - They provide medical, dental and vision insurance that covers 100% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premium