|Job title||Principal Software Engineer|
|Location||United States of America|
|Contact name:||Bailie Schira|
|Published:||June 16, 2022 9:34|
One of our top clients, a leader in providing digital healthcare solutions, is seeking to hire a Principal Software Engineer who has the right mix of backend and data engineering to join their Platform team.
This role will join the Platform team that creates the scaffolding to bring in and manage data and analytics used to enhance features on the product platform. You’ll apply Scala with Apache Spark, Kafka, AWS, Hive, SQL, and AirFlow. The company is one of the most well-known Scala shops with their backend systems written in Scala.
This is perfect opportunity for imaginative backend Engineers who enjoy writing new software using modern tech and tools. You will join a high-performant and collaborative team with a clear path for career progression.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Closely partner with the product and data science teams
- Design and engineer the infrastructure that collects and transforms the data
- Implement research from data analytics and develop into fault-tolerant systems
- Min 8 years of professional software engineering experience
- 5 years of Scala experience preferred (Python or Java acceptable with desire to learn Scala)
- AWS services and distributed applications experience
- Extensive experience with Spark, Kafka, Hive, SQL, Airflow, HDFS
- BS in Computer Science
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary with bonus and RSUs package
- Top Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401(k) w/ match
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- Fully remote role