|Job title||Mid-Senior Scala Engineer/Developer|
|Contact name:||Curtis McGough|
|Published:||January 4, 2023 2:23|
Mid-Senior Scala Engineer
Having teamed up with one of the nation’s leading media providers who continue to grow their global brand, too – this is an opportunity to come in and really make an impact of the future of the company, as well as collaborate with fantastic teams of engineers.
Working within your team you will:
- Develop, maintain and support systems that the team owns, whilst providing second line support for live systems
- Ensure product roadmap is delivered efficiently
- Participate in analysis, design and development of new systems and features.
- Work closely with more junior engineers, supporting and helping to develop your leadership skills, as well as their skills through reviews, coaching and delivering feedback
- Develop, deploy and support software in a complex, high volume and high performance environment
- Regularly be involved in Pair programming, TDD and CI
- Presentable experiences working to develop, deploy and support software
- Effective communication and ability to coach junior members
- Strong programming background in Scala, as well as other high-level languages including Java or C#
- Quick at adapting, proficient in understanding complex requirements before translating into suitable system designs, breaking down tasks into smaller, more manageable steps
- Tech stack: HTTP protocol, RESTful services, AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda DynamoDB), Twitter stack to create APIs (Finatra/Finagle), MySQL.
This is an opportunity to join a hugely successful company, with a fantastic team of engineers and coaches to really propel you to the next step in your career.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, apply now or reach out direct to Curtis.email@example.com