Software Engineer Backend – Scala
Signify Technology are working with a small reputable gaming company based in the heart of London. They have several successful and profitable games with more to released in the next month or so. Our client reaches millions of users from all over the world and is looking for someone to help increase this even more.
Our client has created an amazing and very collaborative environment, where the founders are heavily involved in the culture of the company and all the fun activities they do outside of working hours. They have created learning clubs, taken trips abroad and to the theatre, board games nights and a very welcoming onboarding process.
They believe in creating a culture like this so that their employees feel happy and enjoy coming into work! With working in a small company like this, you will have a generous amount of autonomy and your voice will be heard with any opinions that you may have. All the teams work cross-functionally and are all able to have 4 days of personal development through the year with a generous budget for this too.
Although their environment is fun, all of the hard work that the team do has not gone unnoticed and have won many gaming and ‘best place to work’ awards.
So, if you would like to work for an award-winning company, please do get in touch! And they are also going to host one of our future Scala in the City events, so this would be a great time to join and be a part of an event that is well-known within the Scala community.
Our client is looking for a Mid-Senior Engineer to join their team in London. You will be joining a team of 6 where you will be working on a completely new game that is at the prototype stage or one that is very closely going to be released.
- 80-90% of the company work on new games and only a small percentage working on the existing profitable games.
- You will primarily be working in Scala with some Java. They are very open to someone that hasn’t used Scala in their workplace with a Java background or someone that has been working with Scala for a while.
- You love what you do and you love technology!
No gaming experience is required.
You will have-
- Strong experience in Scala/Java programming
- Experience or passion for Functional Programming
- Experience with Server Engineering
- Experience on working on highly scalable projects
- Team Player
- Outgoing and Friendly
- Experience in a client-server environment
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment – professionally and culturally
- Great communication skills
- Experience working with service-based architecture
- Experience working in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a gaming company isn’t essential but can be a bonus
- Contributing to open source projects
If you think you could have what our client is looking for then please reply with an updated CV, your availability and salary expectations and we will get in touch with you straight away!
Signify Technology Group
Signify Technology are a forward-thinking technology recruitment business with our head office based in the heart of London. Signify Technology provide permanent and contract technology recruitment solutions to a range of clients from technology companies, global brands and start-ups globally. Behind each piece of technology changing the world, is a person, it’s our mission to introduce them to the companies that need them the most. We Look forward to working with you.