|Job title||Mid - Lead Java/Scala Developer|
|Salary:||Up to £95,000 (depending on experience)|
|Visa requirement:||Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location|
|Contact name:||Drew Barbier|
|Published:||October 29, 2020 2:42|
Mid - Lead Java Developer (Java/Scala, noSQL, SQL, Docker & K8’s)
Location: London (remote due to covid)
Salary – up to £95,000 + Amazing benefits package (bonuses,
generous pension contributions, etc)
Our client is one of the largest most recognised tech companies Europe with over 25 million customers in over 8 countries. They offer an expansive array of media including entertainment, news, gaming & sport via on-demand products. They are
constantly pushing the boundaries of what can be made possible with tech and changing the industry landscape forever.
You will be joining a team that develops and supports multiple technologies globally ensuring diverse audiences stay up to date and connected with premium entertainment no matter the device, the time or the place.
· Design, develop and test new micro-service applications using container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
· Collaborate with other developers, sharing and receiving knowledge
· Mentoring more junior developers and driving and designing in house training.
· Build applications that scale predictably, facilitate development across multiple developers and teams and promote maintainability and extensibility.
· Maintain and contribute to software delivery principles and guidelines based on internal standards and industry best-practice
· Extensive system development knowledge with Java/Scala, noSQL Databases
· Familiarity with configuration and build tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle
· Familiarity with Prometheus and Grafana
· Applied knowledge of software engineer standard methodology and multiple software development methodologies. e.g. XP, Scrum
· Knowledge of design patterns and solid principles
· Test Driven Development and Business Driven Development
· In-depth experience of working with APIs (REST etc.)
Interviews can be held via Microsoft Teams and our client is looking to bring somebody on board ASAP, so only apply if you are happy to start asap.
Only applicants within the UK who do not require sponsorship will be considered.