Lead Software Engineer (Scala/Haskell/Clojure/FP)
Signify Technology are currently supporting a fast-growing, vibrant tech company in the City of London in expanding their team of Backend Engineers. There is also an opportunity for a strong Lead Engineer to develop and nurture the product/team and bring a fresh new perspective to problem-solving!
The successful Lead will be leading a team of six (this number will double in 2020) with a shared goal of making big data actionable by anyone. We are seeking an energetic and experienced leader who is excited by the opportunity of joining a successful start-up business and making a real contribution to the business.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Experience providing both strategic direction and technical leadership in a high-growth environment
- Proven experience of building diverse teams of skilled engineers
- Understanding of computer science principles and technical knowledge
- Ability to translate innovative ideas into products
- Exceptional communication skills
- An interest in design of programming languages
- Worked on technical roadmaps and input into architectural decisions
- Passionate about supporting engineers and helping them to fulfil their full potential
- Ability to promote inclusive and happy team ethos; personality is key for this role and future hires into the team!
- Desirable technologies: Scala, Haskell, Kotlin, Objective-C, Typescipt
We would be particularly excited to hear from you if you have had exposure of building multi platform SDKs such as web, IOS, Android although this is not a necessity.
In return, the business will offer a lucrative package based on number of years’ experience leading teams (at least two) and extensive benefits such as stock options, a tech budget to spend as you see fit and continuous opportunities for development.
If you meet the majority of the above criteria, please apply with your CV attached or contact Alexandra Green on 02038650621 for a further discussion.