Head of Engineering
£130,000 to £170,000 + per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Signify Technology are currently partnered with one of the biggest Social Media platforms in the world who are looking for a Head of Engineering to be based in their amazing central London offices. They have a great environment with exceptional perks to match. They are made up of an international team with a diverse group of individuals and like to be as social as their product is. Their product sees millions of pictures uploaded, messages sent and billions of swipes every single day!
- The candidate will be an outstanding technical leader who will drive the ongoing growth of the engineering function. This candidate will combine strong technical experience with the ability to lead and develop engineers.
- A strong record of technical leadership of large, cross-functional projects
- Ideally 7+ years of managing multiple teams
- A strong understanding of the social media space with proven leadership experience and a track record working on a product with a huge user base
- Recent experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Deep understanding of the engineering ecosystem: development/release tools, app stores, methodologies, third party integrations, backend architecture, high-load challenges
- Exceptional communication skills: able to relate to all levels of the business, mediate conflict, motivate colleagues, inspire action
- Previous experience as a principal/lead engineer, with hands-on experience developing complex/interactive native consumer applications
- Experience in startup/entrepreneurial environment desirable
- MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Electrical Engineering or similar
- Experience building server-side backend, designing API between clients and the server back-end
- This role plays a critical part in the success of their products, maintaining their existing high standards and continually looking to raise the bar going forward.
- Build and maintain a process to enable clear communication between product owners; department leads and the engineering function.
- Establish and maintain an engineering/product development process across all functions of the company
- Mentor and coach all engineering managers, from Team Leads to Directors. Encourage their personal development and equip them with the tools needed to maintain performance excellence
- Leading teams of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of new features and products.
- Hiring and developing highly-motivated engineering leaders and building leaders in the engineering function.
- Ownership of the architecture, quality, performance, and operational excellence of the product your team produces
- Own the delivery of all products within the company’s portfolio. Execute multiple concurrent projects in a dynamic environment with at times competing priorities
- Monitor production quality, ensuring a seamless experience for our users
This is a vitally important role for the business and will give the candidate a lot of exposure at a senior level within the company. You will actively play a huge part in the current and future success of the business. If this sounds like you, please respond with an up to date CV for consideration.