Signify technology are currently seeking a Head of Engineering to join an exciting fast growth tech company based in San Francisco, Bay Area. This company is making a lot of noise in the industry for their forward thinking approach and have had several articles written about them in national tech publications. They have built a highly skilled team of software engineers that is making a real impact to their business. They are looking for a candidate who has the experience and confidence to lead multiple cross functional engineering teams and will be working with the wider leadership team to define not just technical but also overall business strategy
- Building and scaling a high performing team.
- Oversight of all hiring into your teams. Will manage and develop members of the senior technical team.
- Work with all parts of the business and build relationships with the senior leaders outside of technology.
- Building an excellent technology culture of highly autonomous, intrinsically motivated, well aligned teams.
- Help teams to make technical decisions that align with business objectives and long term goals.
- Ultimate responsibility for technical decision making and budget.
- Working with the engineering teams to build a modern reactive microservice system to support ambitious company goals.
- Strong software engineering background in scalable distributed applications.
- Experience building, running and leading high performing, autonomous engineering teams.
- You have a fundamental understanding of the principles of Agile and lean development.
- You have an excellent understanding of a broad set of modern technologies across front end, back end and data platforms.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with senior leaders across the business.
- Experience integrating technology into the wider business strategy.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth, technology focussed organisation.
- Proven experience of creating a forward thinking technology culture.
- A strong educational background and a degree in computer science or related discipline from a top university
Prior experience of Scala or Functional Programming tech environment
Please respond with an updated CV, Your availability and salary expectations for consideration
Please note: This role is unable to provide Visa Sponsorship. Candidates must have the right to work in the United States of America