Signify Technology are currently seeking a Head of Engineering to join an exciting fast-growth tech company based in Zurich, Switzerland. This company is making a lot of noise in the industry for their forward-thinking approach and have had several articles written about them in national tech publications. They have built a highly skilled team of software engineers that is making a real impact to their business. They are looking for a candidate who has the experience and confidence to lead multiple cross-functional engineering teams and will be working with the wider leadership team to define not just technical but also overall business strategy
- Building and scaling a high performing team.
- Oversight of all hiring into your teams. Will manage and develop members of the senior technical team.
- Work with all parts of the business and build relationships with the senior leaders outside of technology.
- Building an excellent technology culture of highly autonomous, intrinsically motivated, well aligned teams.
- Help teams to make technical decisions that align with business objectives and long term goals.
- Ultimate responsibility for technical decision making and budget.
- Working with the engineering teams to build a modern reactive microservice system to support ambitious company goals.
- Strong software engineering background in scalable distributed applications.
- Experience building, running and leading high performing, autonomous engineering teams.
- You have a fundamental understanding of the principles of Agile and lean development.
- You have an excellent understanding of a broad set of modern technologies across front end, back end and data platforms.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with senior leaders across the business.
- Experience integrating technology into the wider business strategy.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth, technology focussed organisation.
- Proven experience of creating a forward thinking technology culture.
- A strong educational background and a degree in computer science or related discipline from a top university
Prior experience of Scala or Functional Programming tech environment
Please respond with an updated CV, Your availability and salary expectations for consideration
Please note: This role is unable to provide Visa Sponsorship. Candidates must have the right to work in the EU.