My client is looking for an Engineering Manager to manage their Data Engineering team. They are looking for a natural leader with strong experience in managing teams and ready to embark on the next stage in their career. The role is based in Shoreditch, London and their aim is to become market leaders in their industry. The data engineering teams are the crux of their business and they are passionate about making an impact and amazing their customers.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the talented data engineering and passionate software engineering teams, and you will need to motivate and inspire the individuals you work with. You will become an expert in the clients’ products, systems and architecture and be able to live and breathe the company’s values and ethos. As well as this, you will drive collaboration throughout the teams in both London and New York. Working with a wide and varied range of important and exciting products and services, your team will work across a broad number of verticals, each one as vital as the next in creating an incredible customer experience.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Motivate, coach, lead and inspire your team
- Build collaboration amongst different teams including data scientists, platform engineers, tech ops, release and software engineers
- Set targets for your team and organise personal development plans
- Bring creative ideas to the table and help your team to implement these to continuously improve the client’s products and services
- Remain focused and keep the end sight in goal while maintaining a strong work ethic and be an example to team members
- Be regarded by your team as a strong technologist and leader and promote a strong, healthy work environment
- Be passionate about agile methodologies
- You will work closely with the recruitment team to continue to build fantastic teams, attend conferences to represent and build the business brand
Skills & experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Bachelors and/or Masters
- Strong background in algorithms, data structures and software engineering
- Proficient in Python, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka and other big data tools
- Good understanding of NoSQL and MySQL
- Be a great communicator and able to collaborate effectively with large teams
- Be passionate about the latest technology trends and data engineering technology stacks
- Experience with TDD/BDD/Code Reviews
- Experience building and managing engineering teams
- Able to speak and write in English to a high standard
If you think you could have what our client is looking for then please reply with an updated CV, your availability and salary expectations and we will get in touch with you straight away!