Functional Software Developer / Haskell / Rust / Typescript / Scala
£75,000 - £90,000
Haskell / Rust / Typescript / Scala
The tech-stack within this role includes; Haskell, Rust, Typescript and Scala. The company has a tech culture that is immersed in pure FP and they are looking for candidates who either have this experience commercially or in their own personal projects.
The company are a high growth venture and a main player in the Green tech industry. They have established themselves as a leading figure in creating smart solutions that will benefit the world we live in. From their HQ in London, they invent, manufacture and distribute smart technology products.
They are looking for several Functional Software Developers who will be joining a focused and collaborative team of talented developers; to build the features, the company needs to succeed in its mission.
• Solving complex optimisation problems using machine learning
• Design and implement the business logic to expose their functionality via APIs and UI interfaces, using functional programming and serverless computing.
You will be encouraged to work and grow your knowledge on multiple parts of the stack according to your personal interests and abilities. The team has a strong tradition of using functional programming and type systems to build pragmatic and flexible systems to satisfy business requirements.
What they offer:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Flexible working hours
- Commercial experience with Functional Programming or a strong personal project portfolio within this
- Previous background with other JVM languages such as Java or Scala or Kotlin would be a bonus
- Experience working with distributed systems
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Strong interest in data and algorithms
- Passionate about Functional Programming
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in any of Haskell / Rust / Typescript / Scala
- Interest in the green-tech sector or IoT
Nice to haves
• Commercial Haskell or Functional Scala (Cats/ Shapeless)
• Experience with AWS tools
• Knowledge of front-end frameworks
This client is unable to offer visa sponsorship so candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Please respond with an updated CV for consideration.