The Scala community and functional programming are at the heart of everything for our client! They are leaders within the Media industry and are on the lookout for Scala enthusiasts to join their cross-functional teams.
You will be working heavily with – Cats, Scalaz, fs2, Http4s, AWS, Circle and Kubernetes to name a few. The project is new and exciting, and you’ll have a chance to work on various flagship projects including the launch of their brand-new platform which is yet to be released and said to be Netflix’s largest rival!
They strongly believe in autonomy where you will have the freedom to select the right tools for the job and outside of the office they are really passionate about the community – you’ll have the chance to attend various Scala conferences, MeetUps and attending training and development workshops to constantly keep you up to date with the latest technologies and practices.
- Commercial Scala experience
- An interest or experience in functional programming
- Knowledge of testing
- Good communication skills
- Distributed systems experience
- Understanding of cloud-native architecture
- Knowledge of NoSQL data stores
- Cats, Scalaz, f2s, Http4s, AWS
- Ongoing training and development
- External courses
- Annual bonus
- Option to buy shares
- Healthcare, high pension, life assurance etc.