|Job title||Functional Scala Engineer|
|Contact name:||Nicky Halvatzis|
|Published:||July 22, 2022 8:28|
One of our top clients in the gaming space is expanding their engineering team and is looking for senior Scala engineers to contribute to the functionality and development of their platform. This company is growing quickly across the US and you’ll have the opportunity to not only be part of a lucrative industry, but also partner with some of the biggest names in entertainment.
With this team you'll have the opportunity to attend conferences, continue your growth and expand within the functional programming space, all while working alongside top engineers and leaders in functional programming (the CTO is a published FP author).
What you will do:
- Develop new features and functionality in a high usage application
- Contribute to the development life cycle
- Provide timely feedback with the product team
- Work with stakeholders to support their services
- At least 4 years of Scala experience
- Experience with Java (3 years minimum)
- At least 2 years of React or Node
- Experience with Spark, Cassandra, Kafka
- Use of ZIO, Cats, Akka, Http4s, Alpakka, ScalaZ
- AWS, Gitlab experience
- Worked with DevOps
This role is available for full time as well as contract hires.
Contract roles are open across the US and full time roles are across specific states.