This is a new Functional Scala development role, using Scala, Cats, Shapeless and other functional frameworks.
- The company are an internationally recognised energy supplier based in London city.
- They have already built innovative products and have plenty of 'industry first' technologies.
- They love new ideas and you will be creating even newer technologies with this project.
- They are giving you the opportunity to join a contract Scala project, initially for a 6-month period.
- You might be excited that the project will last longer than six months so there could be a chance for you to extend.
YOUR NEW ROLE
- The technical goal is to develop, test, and release software that scales, quickly and reliably.
- You will be part of a highly skilled, cross-functional team of engineers, designers & product owners.
- You will be building and scaling a distributed system focusing on user value & business objectives.
- You will be improving a microservice platform written in Scala.
- Enjoy designing & building intelligent back-end solutions, binding them to the front-end infrastructure and monitoring, testing & continuously improving your work.
- Your responsiblity will be for both product & technical improvements, encouraging debate, collaboration and the communication of ideas.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED FOR THIS
- Hands on Scala experience withsystems in a multi-language environment
- REST & asynchronous programming
- Functional Programming experience in a commercial environment
- CI & CD
- Ship high quality code
- Experience driving automation across build, test & release processes