Functional Scala Developers are needed to join a exciting financial start-up working on Scala, Haskell, Cats, AWS and microservices.
You will be joining a highly successful start-up, more specifically within the financial investment sector. They are positively changing the process for both personal and business investment takes place via their platform. Currently they are working with assets valued in the €100m’s for small individual loans to large scale company investments. Established as a genuine name without investments they are now expanding their product territory and business size.
What It Icludes and They Expect
- Excellent programming abilities with functional Scala are what they’re looking for and if you’ve used Haskell then this would be amazing!!
- Worked with both internal and external stakeholders
- You’ve used Scala in a functional way with exposure to libraries such as Cats, Scalaz, http4s etc
- Hands on use of the Lightbend tech stack
- Have been exposed to the full development lifecycle from the initial designs through to implementation, testing and release
- Excellent trouble shooting skills both technically and with your humans
- You’re passionate, enthusiastic about the business model and love to better yourself both technically and professionally are KEY
- Must be a great team player who works well with others towards an end goal
- Educational background in Software Engineering is highly desirable
You will be joining a talented and established Engineering Team to work on a variety of Greenfield projects, current product fixes as well as updates and adding new features. Your Engineering work with be helping to design and build new algorithms to help automate current processes to enable to best investment solutions for both customers and investors.
The Engineering team develop with Scala in a functional way giving you the chance to work on Monads and libraries such as Cats. This is not the right role if you wish to use Scala for data purposes or a simplified version of Java…this is the real challenging functional programming side of Scala so you must be interested and passionate to work in this way. The team is close so it is imperative that everyone gets along meaning culture fit will mean more than professional experience. A solid education in Software Engineering paired with a great attitude and passion for the business journey will make you the best fit for this opportunity.
If the above is of interest to you or you’d like to find out more then please feel free to either apply to the role or get in touch with me on +44 (0) 203 865 0621 / email@example.com