|Job title||Functional Programming - Scala - 100% Remote - Mid / Senior/ Lead|
|Location||United States of America|
|Contact name:||Matthew Davie|
|Published:||November 9, 2021 5:42|
Mid-level, Senior and Lead Scala Developers
Full-time, permanent position
100% Remote (United States)
Compensation: $150,000 – $230,000 base salary
Our client is a leader in the their industry, and are currently building out a new team of Functional Scala Developers in order to work on a number of high visibility, enterprise-wide projects which will see enormous traffic from their user base. If you're passionate about Scala and functional programming principles, this is one of the few opportunities to join a company where FP is embraced from the top down instead of being on the fringes.
In contributing to this fast-growing team, you will have access to incredible personal development resources including Functional Programming conferences, internal training, and lunch and learn sessions which we will also be helping to organize and support.
What you'll be doing:
- Building out User Account Management and advanced features for global applications
- High availability, low latency systems
- Functional programming in the Scala Typelevel stack (Cats, ZIO, ScalaZ, http4s, etc.)
- 2+ years of professional Scala experience, ideally using an FP stack (though if you have more of an Akka/Play or "Scala as a better Java" background and want to learn FP, please apply!)
- Strong interest in functional programming and building your skillset in the FP space
- Experience in microservices, distributed systems, and/or machine learning is a big plus
Please note we are unable to offer employer sponsorship and will not consider applications from third parties.