|Job title||Functional Programming Engineers|
|Location||United States of America|
|Contact name:||Sean Urbain|
|Published:||October 13, 2021 6:06|
Our newest client is a globally recognized trading firm using extensive functional programming! This client combine the spirit of a start-up with the stability of an established, experienced company and are looking to add several engineers to their platform team, which handles writing web-based applications and measuring the latency of web-stock using functional programming paradigms. This position has two offices, one in Austin and one in Chicago that are both integral hires and will bring a ton of growth and autonomy opportunities for decision making.
Aside from high paying compensation (200-300k base salaries + bonus/equity!) they also come with awesome perks like:
- catered breakfast and lunches
- Very flexible and generous PTO structure
- Unique internal access to exchange trading
- 401k match
- Opportunities to work with well-known and distinguished developers in the Scala and Clojure community!
This position is best for JVM polyglots looking to work in a more functional environment! Anyone with a Scala, Java, Clojure or Elixir background would be great fits for this role.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Experience working on server side development.
- Solid understanding of functional paradigms and type theory and an interest to work more with it!
- Experience with concurrency, low-latency and multithreading.
- Proficiency with domain driven design and domain modeling.
- Experience working with traders and quants a huge bonus! Any knowledge of financial concepts and exchange trading is great to have.
- 3-4+ years working with JVM languages (Java, Scala, Clojure preferred as these are their primary languages).
- An interest and passion for learning functional programming and Scala/Clojure!
This position does require on-site work 1-2 days a week, so applicants must be based in or open to relocating to either Austin or Chicago. The base salary can range anywhere from 200-300k + additional compensation for the ideal candidate! If you think you would be a fit for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org