Signify are supporting a technology client who have an opening for a functional programming engineering manager. Given the difficulty of finding this person, they are open to looking at a remote candidate so long as they have experience with remote working, and managing distributed teams. The role will be to manage two initial teams of 8, with a view to grow this more in 2021 once there is more clarity in consumer buying patterns and habits post pandemic.
- Lead two teams of engineers across functional programming technologies.
- Wear multiple hats including manager, QA, Scrum Master, Architect etc.
- Manage a team that is distributed currently and for the foreseeable future.
- Provide guidance around engineering best practices.
- Present to stakeholders
- Work wirth product managers to understand what is needed.
- A previous background in engineering as a hands on developer.
- Functional programming either: Scala, Haskell, Elixir etc.
- Should have worked on products that are used by consumers/customers and not just internal based.
- Strong understanding of Agile working.
- An eye for talent and promoting within where possible.