|Job title||Fully Remote - Scala Developer - Europe or South America|
|Location||Spain, United Kingdom|
|Contact name:||Tom Burke|
|Published:||July 2, 2021 10:18|
Signify are currently working with a sports betting company looking to bolster their back end team with Scala Contractors.
We started in 2017 with the radical idea to build a modern, sustainable online sportsbook and casino that is focused on building long-term relationships with bettors. Today, we offer a trusted and easy-to-use platform for betting, leveraging AI and real-time CRM technologies to deliver bettors with a personalized experience
We take pride in our values, which are designed to benefit employees, customers, partners, community and our shareholders. We strive to provide job security and long-term careers for all of our employees and create a positive impact on the industry by respecting and nurturing regulation, responsible gaming and modern corporate social responsibilities to ultimately benefit our end-users.
With teams across the world, from USA, Canada, Spain, Argentina, Moldova, Poland and many more countries, we are a truly global and diverse company.
Our Technology Stack
Infrastructure FrontEnd BackEnd Data
GPC Typescript Scala PostgresSQL
K8S React JS Akka Couchbase
Consul Redux Cats Kafka
Docker Webpack NodeJs Redis
Ansible Cypress SBT BigQuery
You’re someone who wants to work smarter by building high-performing microservices using the latest technologies in an efficient and scalable way. You’re passionate about the power of Scala and using it to create amazing back-end services.
Let's talk about you...
- 2-5 years of experience
- Mastery of Scala and a willingness to explore its functional style
- Strong experience building and iterating microservices
- Experience creating Rest or Restful APIs from scratch
- Ability to work with Akka Actors and deep knowledge of the Actor Model paradigm
- Working experience with Akka HTTP server
- Postgres or experience with any relational database
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience on Kafka or another message broker
- Git or another VCS
- SBT or Gradle or Maven
- Experience with Docker containers
- Good knowledge of the JVM
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Bonus points for...
- Event Sourcing and microservices environments
- CouchBase, Postgres and Redis databases
- Stream-processing architectures built on Akka Streams or Kafka Streams
- Knowledge of Akka Typed Actors and the understanding of the differences between untyped actors
- Elastic Search or ELK stack
So if this sounds like the role for you, don’t hesitate. Submit your application below and if you’ve got the goods, get ready to join us on our journey!