Engineering Manager - London - Scala/Haskell
- Reporting to VP of Engineering
- Industry: Proptech
- Nearest station: London Bridge
- Salary: £70,000 - £88,000
Are you a London based Tech Lead/Engineering Manager with a soft spot for Machine Learning and a passion for scaling teams? I have an exciting new role within a rapidly growing proptech for an Engineering Manager to coach the teams through an evolution of their product. Specialising in the real estate industry, the business is a passionate advocate for functional programming and using ML to enhance their clients’ market knowledge.
- Deliver regular one to ones with team, mentor and coach different level Engineers, give feedback and plans for improvement
- Maintain good working relationships across departments to ensure collaboration for best product evolution
- Work closely with VP of Engineering to ensure teams are performing well and equipped for challenges.
- Experience of managing or mentoring team in a business that pioneers Scala or Haskell. This could be as a senior or leading Engineer but you must be happy to make the step into a mostly ‘hands-off’, people focused role
- Ability to deliver strong design solutions, thinking with a commercial mindset; effects on the business, reducing costs etc.
- An understanding or a strong interest in Machine Learning
- Confidence to assist Engineers with their technical decisions
- Ability to communicate ideas to non-technical people and on the other hand, communicate business ideas to the technical teams
- Great central location, beautiful offices with restaurant lobby and retail discounts on this globally known chain
- Private healthcare
- 1 day per week working from home
- ‘Duvet days’
- 20 days Annual leave plus bank holidays
- Option scheme
This is a fantastic opportunity for a leading profile to either take the next step into management or for an experienced EM to be a part of an exciting time of growth. The team is currently at 10 with plans to double over the next year.
If you meet the majority of the above criteria, please apply with your CV attached or contact Alexandra Green on 02038650621 for a further discussion. This is a hire we are looking to make asap so serious applicants only, for the right person we can have you onsite interviewing within the week.