|Job title||Engineering Manager - Remote/EU|
|Contact name:||Elisha Camilleri|
|Published:||January 11, 2022 10:05|
We are looking for a 100% remote Engineering Manager to join a global company who are building the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace, that enables their customers to save money and travel better.
They are an award-winning brand and they are within the top 5 leaders within their domain. Despite COVID-19, the pandemic has not slowed them down and their growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown.
What is the role?
You will be transitioning their core hotel travel agency services to a multi-channel shopping, booking and servicing platform. The company are evolving and expanding their aim is to deliver an even faster and more reliable experience to all users.
They are also enabling product innovation, supplier connectivity and enterprise partnership teams by providing them powerful and simple to use APIs and SDKs, so they can focus on what they do best.
You will be directly responsible for leading that transition for Hotels systems and fostering a culture of operational excellence. You will be working with a team of experienced software engineers, architects, and technical product managers. As a leader, you’ll be directly growing and managing a group of software developers, technical leaders and site reliability engineers, establishing effective development and operational support processes, and mentoring members of the team. You will also take full ownership of the technical direction and software architecture definition of their core systems.
What will you be doing?
- 50% coding / 50% management
- Grow and retain your team while setting high-performance standards
- Collaborate closely with a team of engineers and technical product leaders to establish a long term vision, set objectives and build a technical roadmap
- Own design, development and delivery of the Hotel Supply to ensure Hopper delivers a fast and reliable user experience through extensible, public quality interfaces
- Ensure a highly available and resilient system and foster a culture of operational excellence
- Coach individual contributors and technical leaders and grow them as technologists.
- Be a trusted advisor to our technology leadership and your peers
- Champion the Hopper Leadership Principles
What can they offer you?
- Stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% remote or access to WeWorks
- Health care
- Dental insurance
- Many more
Who are they looking for?
- Strong understanding of algorithms
- Must have a Computer Science Degree, Engineering IT or Mathematics
- Prior experience managing
- Experience operating highly scalable systems
- Scala or Java experience
- Could experience (AWS or GCP) – desirable
Interested? Get in touch.