|Job title||Engineering Manager|
|Contact name:||Hakeem Adeshina|
|Published:||July 19, 2022 10:13|
Signify Technology are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager to join a software solutions company offering a data analytics application for financial services.
You will be instrumental in implementing Engineering Management Practices ensuring the Platform is delivered to the highest standards. Our products process, analyse and display huge volumes of data with the ultimate aim of detecting anomalous and suspicious activity.
In this role you will:
- Work alongside a number of Engineering teams, supporting them in the delivery of new components and features on the Platform, ensuring that they meet our high-quality bar
- Support, coach and develop Engineers at all levels to reach their full potential, you will be involved in recruitment, training and fostering development opportunities for Engineers across the department
- While this is not a hands-on role you will be expected to have the technical experience to be able to contribute to and guide technical and architectural discussions, bringing the wider context to those discussions
The R&D department consists of over 100 people split into agile teams of Engineers, Designers, QA and others each focusing on specific projects and areas of the Platform.
- Back end: Written in Scala and deployed as microservices.
- Making use of libraries such as Cats and Shapeless.
- We also use Akka and Monix to help build scalable, highly performant, distributed services.
- We utilise techniques such as event sourcing and CQRS in our persistence layer to ensure our datastores are scalable and flexible.
- Front end: TypeScript, Angular 6+ and ngrx
Requirements: We are looking for candidates who:
- Experience successfully delivering software through full engineering life cycle, from design and implementation through to testing and deployment.
- Thrive in identifying and implementing organisational changes to allow Engineering functions to optimize their effectiveness and value rate.
- Take pride in designing, building, and delivering high quality well engineered solutions to complex problems.
- Have experience functional programming using Scala or Java AND/OR experience using modern front-end frameworks, ideally Angular 2+
- Experience with Infra-as-Code, containerisation and Kubernetes, CI/CD
Well being: We care about our employees wellbeing;
- We offer a cycle to work scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Life insurance and Income protection.
- No to mention healthy fruit, unlimited drinks and snacks in the office.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy 5, plus your Birthday off!
- Family life: We offer flexible + hybrid working (based around the team you will be joining)
- Fun: We love to socialize and make friends. We host regular internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, outings and more…we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Please apply directly and/or contact me directly @ Hakeem.email@example.com