£100,000 basic salary + benefits + bonus
Signify Technology are currently partnered with a fast growing, global E-commerce company who are hiring for an Engineering Manager. This company are a data-driven organisation operating at the luxury end of the market and this is reflected throughout the entire business. The role will be based in their London office and is a key hire for the business who’s mission is to become the market leader.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in either software or data engineering and a keen interest and understanding of the other. The role will require you to grow, develop and lead a team data engineers and software engineers working on a wide range of products and services. This will include working on cutting edge data projects, the application of computer vision algorithms, market forecasting and automating the experience of millions of customers. This role will have the scope to shape the direction of the company’s data science landscape.
- Strong background in algorithms, data structures and software engineering.
- Experience recruiting and retaining engineering talent.
- A rigorous approach to testing and QA (TDD/BDD, code reviews, documentation).
- Experienced in building and scaling both batch and streaming systems.
- Passionate about data engineering technologies and techniques, and software development methodologies.
- Proficiency in Python and experience in the creation of services using frameworks like Flask/Django.
- Fluent in “Big Data” technologies like Spark, Hadoop, Hive, BigQuery, DataFlow, Kafka etc.
- Deep understand of SQL/NoSQL.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar
Please respond with an updated version of your CV for immediate consideration.
This client is unable to offer visa sponsorship. Candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK