|Job title||Director of Data Science|
|Location||San Francisco, United States|
|Contact name:||Sean Urbain|
|Published:||May 25, 2021 7:09|
I am working with a fortune 100 company who has revolutionized the banking and fintech industry with their innovative way of using data. As one of the few companies to utilize statistical modelling and relational databases in the 1980s, this company knows the importance of staying ahead of the game with data analytics. That being said, this company is looking for a director of data science to improve their marketing data science division and drive innovation for their business strategies. Some of the projects this director will help with involves building data science roadmaps relating to marketing decisions, leading a data science team and building machine learning models through all phases of development, identifying and managing model risks in line with risk management policies, and of course leading, recruiting, mentoring and growing a team of data scientists and engineers! The ideal candidate for this position will be:
- 7-9 years in data analytics, or PhD and 5 years in data analytics.
- 4 years of experience using open source programming languages for large scale data analysis.
- 4 years of experience with machine learning.
- 4 years of relational databases.
Nice to have:
- experience in marketing science or ad-targeting or something similar
- 3 years experience working with AWS, and managing a team
- 5 years of Python, Scala or Spark for large scale data analysis.
- 8-10 years using machine learning to solve complex problems for large scale applications.
This position would require the candidate to be in SF to allow for occasional on-site work, but can pay very handsomely (220-270k base salary + bonus and relocation assistance if needed) and provides an excellent benefits package! If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration!