Deputy CTO with expereince managing Engineer Teams working on multiple projects in the Financial/Banking/Fintech sectors on a variety on Functional and JVM languages.
- You must be a seasoned leader with experience managing over 50 Engineers for a minimum of 5-10 years
- Come from a technically strong background with previous hands on experience programming with Scala, Java or C++
- Excellent experience within stakeholder management as well as being a genuine ‘Leader’
- You’ve obtained commercial experience with both Android and iOS platforms as well Big Data, ML and microservices based technologies
- You’re an excellent trouble-shooter and possess great problem solving skills
- Communication is VITAL so you must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’re going to lead from the front so you must have excellent experience and knowledge of software development, architecture and troubleshooting business critical large distributed systems
- A BSc or higher within Software Engineering, Computer Science or another related field
I am currently working with an exciting Award winning Fintech organisation within the heart of Zurich who are the creators of a market leading product. This is an opportunity to work within a successful business who are growing at a steady rate. The Engineering team are working on huge scalable platforms using machine learning methods along with low latency designed architecture to continue driving the already successful product forward. Your recently restored office space is up there with the best! You will be within a brilliant working environment as well as having multiple luxuries including an onsite restaurant and café for your use, gym and entertainment complex all completely free of charge to name a few.
A truly unique opportunity to join an Engineering department with over 100 staff to work directly with and support the CTO. You will join a highly talented team of Engineers who are developing with functional languages that include Scala, Golang, Clojure and Java. You will be leading from the front whilst also collaborating closely with the CTO bringing new Engineering methods and ideas to the table. You will be responsible for the management of the current Engineer Managers and Team Leads and have complete responsibility for all areas within the Engineering team to make ensure the product success and continued team growth. The Engineers have full exposure to the complete development lifecycle of the projects and products from the initial designs and architecture to development, testing, release and monitoring. This is a great opportunity to work within an enjoyable environment with a technically strong social team whilst having a genuine impact on the businesses product growth as well as growing individuals professionally too.
Ideally you’re already based in Zurich or close by in Europe, if not then you must be an EU Citizen. This role does NOT offer sponsorship!
If the above is of interest to you or you’d like to find out more then please feel free to either apply to the role or get in touch with me on +44 (0) 203 865 0621 / firstname.lastname@example.org