Data Engineer / Developer - (Scala / JVM / Spark / FP)
This company works on a range of projects. On this particular project, the team are currently using Scala, Spark, AWS, Cassandra and Terraform. The team are strong believes in Functional Programming practices which are implemented on the project.
With a range of both greenfield projects, there are opportunities for Directors of Engineering, Team Leads, Senior engineers & mid-level engineers. Responsibilities will include mentoring junior developers. You will be working with open-source and innovative technologies and working on Working on IFTTT style systems and automating the servicing layer of big data architecture.
This company is growing quickly due to their streamlined service to their customers. They are a multi-award-winning FinTech organization and already boost nearly 100 million individual customers. They provide extensive training to all of their staff, and already nearly have a 50:50 diversity split between male and female.
What they offer:
- Stocks within a highly profitable public company
- Choice of office locations across the US
- Room for further growth with training, promotions and new projects
- Utilize open source technologies
- Top rated Medical, Health and Dental plans
- Commercial experience using Scala
- Previous background using another JVM language such as Java
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud technology
- Experience with Spark
- Bonus: experience with DevOps (Terraform / Docker / Jenkins / Ansible)
- Bonus: Passion for Functional Programming