Our client is shaping the future of work and shifting the focus of employment onto people. I’m looking for an awesome Data Engineer to join their cross-functional team in Hamburg, where together, you will create highly scalable solutions which serve millions of users and bring high-tech algorithms into production.
Their tech stack includes Scala, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Akka, Kafka, Cassandra, Kubernetes, MapReduce, RabbitMQ and Elasticsearch.
They are working on projects related to text processing, building pipelines for automated machine learning and enhancing the value/utility of their data.
- Create code for processing and analysing large amounts of data
- Design and execute highly scalable batch or real-time data processing workflows/components and products which make smart use of data to provide data-driven functionality, leveraging machine learning, Big Data technology, and distributed systems
- Build, deploy, monitor and operate services
- Enhance data quality/utility and automating processes
- Work in a cross-functional team and support the technical design, implementation and evaluation of new algorithms, machine learning models and other data-driven features and services
What can they offer you?
Flexible and remote working hours, on-going training to support your collective performance - where you will be given access to workshops, language lessons & conferences, a multicultural environment, MacBook and smartphone, discounted gym membership/vouchers and many more...
What are they looking for?
You don’t need to have all of the skills below, just a few as they are happy for you to learn on the job!
- Strong Scala programming skills (Java may be considered)
- Python (desirable but not a requirement)
- TDD mindset
- Basic knowledge in implementing software which processes large
- Knowledge in implementing scalable software and data-driven services which process large datasets
- Big Data technologies
If you want to get things done rather than sit in meetings and enjoy helping others and learning from them, you will want to hear more about this company! Apply for more details.